CHIEF BEEF CATTLE STEWARD: Geoff Dawe 0498260347
Entry Fee per Class: Classes 1-20 $25 Classes 21-36 $10
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with the Rules and Regulations for Exhibitors and Participants on the back of the nomination form. All nomination of entry forms by exhibitors under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by the signed consent of the exhibitor’s parent/guardian. All adult nomination of entry forms must be accompanied by the signed indemnity. This form is located with the entry forms at the back of the schedule.
ALL NOMINATION OF ENTRY FORMS MUST BE SIGNED.
Conditions for Show Cattle
SPECIFICATIONS FOR GOVERNMENT APPROVED TB AND BRUCELLOSIS FREE SHOW:
Cattle must belong to a herd, which is:
Accredited Tuberculosis Free, or
Situated in a Tuberculosis Free or Tuberculosis Provisionally Free area and not under quarantine restrictions for Tuberculosis.
Situated in a Tuberculosis Free or Tuberculosis Provisionally Free area if released from quarantine restrictions for Tuberculosis during the 36 months preceding November 2003. Must have a complete herd test with no reactors within 60 days of exhibit, or
Situated in a ‘Tuberculosis Eradication Area’ and must be held in isolation for 60 days prior to exhibition and tested negative within this period.
Breeding cattle for exhibit must be derived from herds situated in ‘Brucellosis Free’, ‘Brucellosis Provisionally Free’ or ‘Brucellosis Eradication’ areas, and:
May be exhibited without testing if the herds of origin are:
Accredited Brucellosis or Certified Free or Confirmed Brucellosis Free and the last herd test was carried out in the 36 months preceding November 2003, or
If the last herd test was carried out more than 36 months from November 2003, or if the herds of origin are tested negative or monitored negative then the cattle must be held in isolation for 60 days prior to exhibition and tested negative within this period.
Cattle from herds of lower status than monitored negative for Brucellosis are excluded from exhibition or show, VIS, provisionally clear, restricted, infected and suspect.
ALL STOCK MUST BE TB AND BRUCELLOSIS FREE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT REGULATIONS.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT STOCK INSPECTOR.
Indicate BREED clearly on entry form and include proof of registration.
TATTOOS WILL BE READ BEFORE SHOWING.
Any animal, which cannot be identified via their tattoo and registration certificates, will not be permitted to be exhibited. The decision made by the Chief Steward is final.
• A Barbeque tea Friday evening will be provided for all entrants, meat supplied by Geo Bay Butchering Co.
• All entries in the beef section must be registered in the respective stud books or calf registers. Bulls
over the age of 12 months must have rings or holds in their noses.
• JUDGING commences at 8.30am on Saturday 4th November
• All livestock to remain on showgrounds until 4pm.
• Southern Districts Agricultural Society’s PIC Number PIC Number WKSG0129
• Bedding is provided in stalls.
• All entries must provide vendor declarations and have NLIS identification.
CONDITION OF ENTRY:
• All cattle must be T.B. & Brucellosis- free, in accordance with the Agricultural Departments
• Cattle must be free of lice, warts and ringworm.
• All cattle must be halter broken and kept under control at all times.